Remedial Works

The term ‘remedial works’ refers to any work undertaken in order to repair damage or a defect in or at your property.

Whether that defect or damage applies to the construction of the property itself, or a fault that’s occurred within, it’s good to have the peace of mind that you can have any remedial works undertaken smoothly, professionally and efficiently.

Choose Safe2 for your property

If you’re a homeowner or a landlord, we’re here to help.

It might be that remedial works to your property have been suggested following a safety check so that it’s fit for sale or rent. Alternatively it may be that one of your property certificates has failed. At Safe2, we can provide you with a no obligation quote for any remedial work required as a result of your:

  • Gas Safety Check.
  • Electrical Installation Condition Report.
  • Boiler service.
  • Energy Performance Certificate.
  • HMO Fire Risk Assessment.
  • Emergency Lighting Inspection.

If you choose to work with us, we’ll also re-test your system free of charge to ensure that it’s working as it should.

Ready to work with Safe2?

Contact us now to learn more about how we can get your remedial work sorted to the highest standard.

Remedial works – your duty as a landlord

Under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, you as the landlord are responsible for any repairs and remedial work that’s needed to repair:

✔️ The exterior and structure of your property.

✔️ Electrical wiring – you’ll need to make sure that any wiring and sockets are safe, as well ensuring the safety of any electrical appliances that you provide as part of the tenancy.

✔️ Hot water and heating systems.

✔️ Pipes, flues, ventilation and gas appliances – you’re legally required to have a gas safety check every year.

✔️ Drains, pipes, baths and sinks.

You’re also responsible for any remedial work that might be required if you’ve attempted to carry out any repairs needed yourself, and will need to redecorate if needed.

Any remedial work needed to your property will need to be carried out within a reasonable period of time. Whilst this will of course depend on the type of remedial work needed, it’s a good idea to keep the lines of communication open with your tenants, to ensure that they know what they can expect and when.

Leave your remedial works in safe hands with Safe2

Get your property ship shape and ready to rent with a professional and efficient remedial work service from Safe2.

Remedial works – HMOs

If you’re the landlord of an HMO, there’s a chance that you’ll also be responsible for any remedial work needed to communal areas such as stairways and entrance halls, as well as the structure of the property if you own the whole of the building.

As well as the standard property certificates and safety checks, there are a number of additional requirements you’ll need to adhere to – this includes testing of any emergency lighting and a Fire risk assessment.

Your property, made easy

As with most things in life, owning and letting a property always work out better – not to mention cheaper – if you put things in place to prevent problems, rather than having to carry out repairs to put things right.

At Safe2 we’ve got a number of service options for you to choose from, all of which will ensure that that property is safely maintained.

Ready to make your property work for you?

Let Safe2 make your life as a landlord easier, leaving you with more time to enjoy what matters.